I hate that I recently haven't been able to blog on here as much as I'd like to. With a part-time job, full-time school, and a hopeful fashion blog, it's tough to find the time. The time excuse is an okay excuse to have, you know. It's definitely not for lack of inspiration.
I'm inspired every second of every day.
Right now, I'm inspired by my dog's whiskers barely touching the tips of my toes and her breath tickling my ever-ticklish feet. My love for her grows. With every bark in her sleep, every shake of her head, every race to my closet to hide from loud or scary things, my love for her grows.
The thought of Eric and I having a home-cooked meal in an hour - just me and him - talking about our day, our plans for tomorrow... my love for him grows. And it's silly and mundane and the same thing thousands of couples will be doing at the very same time. But I've realized that it's not the big, grand gestures, but rather the small routines that we've picked up along the way that makes my love for him grow.
I think about my past daily and my love for it grows. I imagine being a child again in my old house, dressing up, my sister and I pretending to be superstars. I think about us now, and how not much has changed. My love for her, my family, and our history - it grows.
I look around our teeny apartment and see things I've thrifted, gifts I've been given, Eric's music at every turn, and my love for the small things grows. I may have painted a chest a thousand times, but it still holds all of the things that are ours. My couch may poke me when feathers and be stained with coffee, but it holds me just fine. And my kitchen, it may be the size of a kitchenette I would've played with as a child, but it holds our stuff (almost) just fine. It may be small, but at least my love grows.
And this home, our very first home, it's where our love grows.
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment