Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Drunk.

I am capable and willing and strong and faithful.
I hold my head high with clarity, my heart heavy with happiness, and my soul light with laughter.
I do backflips through hoops, I swim through fire.
I will excel, I will get by, I will be all right.
I am not, will not, and do not do these things all because of you.
You are not the center of my being, and I pray to not be the center of yours.

But I will dig you a hole... a hole right next to the part of my brain that gives me personality, comedy, and joy - the things that you fell in love with in the first place - and I will place you there. I'll plant you a garden - a garden that fills my head with beautiful scents and pictures every time I think of you.

Without you...
I am still capable and willing and strong and faithful.
My head, heart, and soul will be just fine.
I'll be an acrobat all by myself.
And I'll be okay.
Because you may not be what makes me, me.

But you have become a part of my body, my memory, and my soul. And I plan to keep you there. Because seeing you, hearing you speak, and feeling your touch is stronger than 10 rounds of whiskey.

Without you, I'll be fine.
But with you, I'm in love.

And life is a hell of a lot better in love.
Don't you think?

1 comment: