Saturday, August 28, 2010

Feet Art

You know what I love?
To dance.
You know what I'm really awful at?
Dancing.
As you grow older, (and I hope it's true for everyone) I feel like certain things take you back to your childish roots. You find one thing or another (and if you're lucky, maybe two or three) that no matter how foolish you look doing it,
IT
JUST
FEELS
GOOD.
And isn't that what this whole thing is about? Feeling good? Feeling stupidly, blindly, ignorantly, fantastic?
And let me just say, the last thing my dancing is is beautiful or artful. Oh, no siree. I'm just long limbs flailing about and stomping feet. Last night, after a long bought of dancing, I sat down, exhausted, breathing out "I. Need. More. Cardio." Do you know how good that feels? For your heart to feel as if it's going to beat right out of your chest and land on the dance floor/living room floor/basement floor? If you don't, you need to.

I've decided dancing is about 80% of what makes for a happy and healthy life.


1 comment: