Monday, August 23, 2010

The Situation - and no, I don't mean that gross guy from New Jersey.

I feel like every time I turn around, I'm frustrated with what I like to call, my "situation." My situation, you see, could imply a number of things - my apartment, my job, my money. I find that when my frustration rears its ugly head, I get even more disgusted with my reaction to (let's say it all together this time) my situation.

*Slams head on desk*

The thing is - I scold myself. I give myself a hard time. I don't let myself cry or get angry or frustrated without feeling like, for lack of a better term, a total tool.

But, today on a longer-than-normal drive back north, I realized something: I'm young. Twenty somethings are supposed to be unsatisfied... and honestly, if I wasn't, I'd be extremely worried about myself.

This is the time.

This is the time to be selfish and unsure and pick the wrong city and forget to turn off the AC when I leave my apartment. Because, oh man, this is also the time when I'm supposed to figure out what I'd like to do with my life... and if I don't make lots and lots of hot messes along the way, how the heck would I ever know what I want?

Too often we cheer for the easiest, most comfortable route - but tonight I say rip those linen pants right off and put on some control tops and a mini skirt - because comfortability isn't always the way to go when your a youngin.' Be uncomfortable, and you may find that it's what makes you happier.

I look forward to all of the incredible mistakes I may make in the next couple years, because this is when I will be more easily forgiven.



Cheers to being young and stupid.

...Then bitching about it.

......And then loving yourself even more for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment