Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Growin' Up

I have to think about a lot. School. Work. Bills. Money. My home. My family. Cooking. Cleaning.

Balancing, juggling, throwing torches.

I'm a freaking one-woman circus.

(And I don't even have babies yet!)

My days may not always consist of partying with girlfriends, planning a date, going on vacations.

Actually, those days are far from fequent.

But my life - this life of school, work, bills, money, home, family, cooking, and cleaning - satisfies me and quenches me in ways that those others could never come close to doing.

Because what excites me isn't whether or not that guy across the restaurant thinks I'm hot or not - it's when the guy that sleeps beside me every night looks at me the way he does and I immediately feel beautiful.

It's not about the every other month trip to the lakehouse, the mountain house, the beach house with a bunch of friends that excites me (though, let's face it, if I had any of those things, I might be singing a different tune), but it's that ONE 2-day vacation a year, the one that I may or may not get, that reminds me how lucky I am.

And though we sometimes go to bars, to clubs, to restaurants with friends, it's really when the two of us spontaneously burst into dance in our kitchen, have all day movie days, or get drunk at home just because we feel like it - THOSE are the times that are stored in my memory bank. The ones that make my heart sing.





I have never been more stressed.

And I have never, ever been more happy.



Because growing up isn't optional - but growth is.

And I am so incredibly lucky to experience both with the person I know will rock beside me one day, and look at me that same way he does now. And I'll close my eyes, smile, and immediately feel beautiful.




And mostly,

forever young.

No comments:

Post a Comment