Your brother's family came by today. Seeing them is a bittersweet reminder of the life we all once had. I found myself wanting to hold on to him for much longer than appropriate, in dire need of feeling something as close to you as possible. I stared at his chin, his eyes, his nose - all too similar to yours - and wished I could snap my fingers and you be there. His jokes were ones you would laugh at, and add on to for hours. I needed you there. I still need you here.
I don't know why I think you read these. It's a tiny blog in a big universe, that hardly has a handful of followers, and I seriously doubt Heaven has wireless internet. But if you have some spare time up there, try to find a laptop and check them out. I feel like we spoke all of the time when you first left, and now I can hardly get a "I hear ya, buddy" out of you. The voice I heard out of your blood was too much like yours, and I long heavily to hear it again. Where did you go?
It's Christmas time. Your favorite. Won't you drop by and say hello?
-Your daughter
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment