Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Where I stand -

All of the things that I thought I once concretely wanted or didn't want out of life are starting to morph. They are misshapen and unrecognizable.
I am nineteen -
Today.
I don't want to be married -
Today.
I don't want to be called "Mom" -
Today.
But what about tomorrow?
Tomorrow -
I may want to live for someone else, be selfless and caring, and passionate about something other than myself.
Tomorrow -
I may want to wear a white dress.
Tomorrow -
I may not grimace at the fact that I have names picked out for my un-thought of children (Rosemary, Jane, and Eli).
Tomorrow -
may be 8 years from now, and it may be 15.
Tomorrow -
may never happen.

But I've come to realize that I want to be open to it happening.
This is my life, but how wonderful would it be to spend it loving someone else, and them loving me in return?

No comments:

Post a Comment