I miss looking at you while you drive.
Your hook nose, the one that was the result of too many broken bones and the one that I somehow got regardless, always suited you so well.
I miss the freckle on your lips, and the freckles on your swollen knuckles.
I miss the way you sang.
I miss the way your eyebrows went slanted into the "Brower stare" when you were angry.
I miss you sliding around the kitchen floor whenever you "just needed something sweet."
You always made everything sound so good, and so worth while.
I miss you healthy, and I've gotten to the point where I miss you sick.
I want to tell you that you wear too much cologne and swish too much listerine and smoke to many Marlboro Lights - but it smells like you, and I'd give anything to smell you again.
I want to tell you that I'm mad you wouldn't stay and let us take care of you - but you leaving changed my life into what it is now, and I couldn't thank you more.
I want to tell you that I am being well taken care of, and so is Anna.
I want to tell you that I still get very sad, but if I can just have sadness a few days a month I'll take it over you being ill every day of your life.
I love ya.
Monday, November 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

"I want to tell you that I still get very sad, but if I can just have sadness a few days a month I'll take it over you being ill every day of your life."
ReplyDeletewow wow wow katie those words are perfect
Oh Kate, I miss him too. Losing someone like him leaves a space in your heart that's never filled...just covered over with time. You and Anna were his heart. I know because he told me many, many times.
ReplyDeleteAwesome Katie. Really.
ReplyDelete