Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Me in November.

I'm sorry I disappeared for so long, guys. I've had a rough-goin' here lately, and haven't thought twice about using this sweet little blog as my outlet. So here I am, and this morning I'd like to be a little self-concerned. That's right, this blog - from me to you - will allow you to get to know me a little better. I know we've done this a little bit before, but let's dive deeper than my hating of orange candy. I need to get to know myself, so being as fortunate as you are, you'll get to know me as well.

My name is Kathryn, officially. I am the namesake of my beautiful, giving, and sweet Aunt, whose tickling of the ivories makes me want to cry. A few months ago I lost my father, and I recently lost my apartment... twice. That's three, so don't worry, I'm not contagious anymore.

My name is Ms. Brower, very officially. This is the name my mother went by for years, which makes me really love it. I'm a pretty clean mixture of my mother and father - one that makes me deserve this name. I tie my shoes like my dad, and I write notes like my mom.

My name is Katie, unofficially... a name that makes me sound like a seven year old with jellies and a pink striped shirt. I get very excited very easily, and dance with long, straight, crazy limbs. I love puppies and kitties and all kinds of creatures. All of this, and I guess my name suits me.

My name is Tet, very unofficially. My father named me this due to a game of Guess Who? where my sister and I were, for some reason, guessing every person with a T in front of their names. My sister's name is Tan, my mother's is Tom, and his is Tad. Weird. Weird. Weird.

My name is BugFace, really unofficially. My sister calls me this, and I've never asked why. Perhaps because my face looks like a bug's, or perhaps just because. My sister could sing the squirrel out of a hickory nut tree, and sings her "ooohs" and holds her notes with a face that my father always made when he sang. It makes me cry.

My name is Pudge Rodriguez. Apparently I'm getting soft around the edges that were once skin and bone, so my lover-man call me this, ever-so-sweetly. He is beautiful. I like him a lot.

My name is what's-her-name-I-know-I've-met-but-can't-seem-to-place-why-when-or-where. I'm not too memorable, and I don't try to be. Sometimes I'm funny, sometimes I'm boring. Sometimes I'm loud, and sometimes I'm a wallflower. It depends on me, and it depends on you.

World, when you get to know me, have an open mind. I don't know what I've got to offer you, but we'll dig until we find something.

1 comment:

  1. yay, i'm glad you blogged! (when i first typed that, i wrote "blooged"...mwahaha...and also, is "blogged" a verb? ehh...sounds dumb) anyway, great blog. you are awesome.

    ReplyDelete