Saturday, December 19, 2009

Interactive Story Blog

I've had an idea for a book floating around in the ol' noggin for the last few months. On my hour-and-a-half commute tonight, I got to thinking about how I could start writing it up with 100% dedication to actually finish. So, blog world, I propose to you this:
I want to start another blog, one completely separate from this one. I'd like to write a preface, and the first chapter of my "book." Here's the catch - I want you to decide what happens.
Let's be honest, there was such a lack of Edward in New Moon that it was almost un-readable. And The Bell Jar? The going back and forth gave me whiplash. We all have certain things about books that bother us. I don't think it's fair for you to spend your time on a book that disappoints you.
So here it is, dear sweet world, will you interact with me?
After each "chapter," I want you to tell me what you want to happen next in a sentence or two. Once I've gathered your ideas, I'll post them, and then you can vote on which one sounds best.

Cool?
Let me know what you think - I only want to get started when I know I'll have a lot of response.

2 comments: