Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ing.

I'm dreaming of Texas and days that have enough time. I'm wishing for understanding that right now is just about getting by, and I'm praying for serenity to accept that "getting by" is enough for tomorrow. I'm playing tunes in my head that I don't have the guts to sing out loud - my car is my stage, my dashboard my audience. I'm running in circles from building to building and back again, working for a piece of paper that says I Can. I'm regretting moves from months back, and hoping for the tolerance to make realistic decisions in the future. I'm finding that wants don't cover your needs, and being uncomfortable makes scrapes on your knees. I'm trying to find the breath that I need to get through my days and the minutes I need to finish them. I'm thinking that 5 hours of sleep isn't nearly enough and that afternoon naps sound better than they are. I'm needing to escape.

And I'd rather write to you when I'm sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment