Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Secret to a Happy Life

This isn't going to be a super insightful blog. Nope, I don't have any symbolism to throw your way, neither do I have something that will make your eyes wet. Sorry, not today. Because all I can think about, besides going to look at apartments with my best friend, is my doggie, LuLu. We've talked about Lu before, haven't we? Let me tell you about her.

Besides driving, LuLu likes to eat everything I own. She isn't picky, trash suits her just fine. In fact, last night I came home from work to an entire kitchen covered in torn up trash. Not to mention, I came home today, not once but twice, to a trash-filled apartment.


Lu has many names: LuLu, Lucy, Lu, Lucifer, PooPoo. She'll answer to pretty much anything. If you tell her she's a "good girl," she shakes her booty and wacks her tail on anything within 10 feet. She almost always watches me get ready in the morning, as long as I'm not in the bathroom. Lu is scared of water, and knows the bathroom as a very frightening place.


The thing is, folks, that pets should be a requirement for every home. They love you even when you're a jerk. And that, my friend, is something everyone needs in a companion.


So, go buy a fish or a dog or a cat or a turtle or something.


You'll feel so loved you won't know what to do with yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment