I watched the movie Groundhog Day last night, and (as its intentions are made clear) it got me thinking a bit. How is your day going today? How was it yesterday? What are your plans for tomorrow? At one point in the film he mentions one day he spent on vacation making love to a foreign girl, and he wonders why he couldn't live that day over and over again. If you had one day you could live again, which would it be? (This isn't rhetorical, I'd actually like to know.)
My point in all of this? We should really make an effort to be life-loving, day-counting, passion-driven people - people that don't say "I'm just ready for tomorrow," but "God, I loved today." Need I state the overly stale saying? I may just.
You never know what day will be your last.
So live it up.
Embrace the groundhog even when he sees his shadow.
Enjoy the neighbor who is intrusive and loud and over-bearing.
Find out all you can about the people in your life, and love them for it all.
Here's to treating every day like Groundhog Day.
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

it is true, cousin! i was thinking about that yesterday, actually, how a lot of times i catch myself just ready for the next day to begin, or the weekend, or whatever...that's what life is! it's just days and days, piled on top of each other, then they're over. might as well love what you live!
ReplyDeleteps twas good to see your pretty face for a few minutes today :)
twas! i wish we did more offfteenn.
ReplyDeleteThat darn old Phil...
ReplyDelete