Last night, he told me that I could go with him to Ralph Lauren at Lenox for a VIP event, as well as to the restaurant Steel in Midtown for "Flight for a Cause." I hopped up and threw on a pencil skirt, a blouse, and some high heels, just to make sure that I looked as though I had just gotten off of a busy day at work, and definitely did not look like I had been sitting on my couch all day long, mesmerized by the T.V show TrueBlood. Don't judge me.
Atlanta is a place that intrigues me. I just moved up about a month ago, so I'm still getting used to the city. The thing that amazes me so is the difference of company you acquire when you go about 10 miles.
At Lenox, I was surrounded by very beautiful, very upper-class "Atlantans," if you will. The kind of people that make you feel like you have to stand super tall, and super straight - the kind of move that makes your legs shake for hours after you leave - also the kind of move that makes you want to disclude the words "high" and "heels" from your vocabulary. I loved the beauty of the event, and came dangerously close to envying the people looking at the $200,000 bedroom suit. But then I shook myself out of it, smoothed my $10 skirt, and lifted my chin a bit.

Midtown was a different scene. One much more casual - the kind of place where you feel like slouching won't be quite so obvious and where flats would have been perfectly fine. The men and women were on much more of an even playing field - the kind of people where you laugh all night long, especially when the guys are trying to convince your boyfriend that he's really same-sex oriented. I loved it. For real.

My point in all of this?
I love the rush and the lights and the beautiful people.
I love the modern restaurants and the vintage stores.
And I really love the acceptance of all kinds of people.
I love the city.

oh good, yay! i think one of the best parts (if not the best) is acceptance of all kinds of people.
ReplyDelete