Thursday, September 10, 2009

Dear, Sweet World...

You have been not-so-sweet these past couple of days. You have stopped in the middle of the road, allowing me to come very close to getting totally plowed by on-coming traffic. You have attempted to steal clothes from the store I work for. You have stood in the line at WalMart with your food stamps and a frown on your face, bitching about the price of toilet paper. You put twenty things back, and then decided you really needed them and bought them again. Quite frankly, world, the past two days have made me lose a great deal of faith in you... In the intelligence, and in the common decency. I'm very upset with you, world, and I wish you would shape up.

I do thank you, however, for my sweet new manager who baked me a pink-lemonade cupcake for our first day together. Also for my man, who made some wonderful dinner before I got home from work. I also thank you for hilarious movies like The Hangover.

Dear World, you're not so bad... But sometimes, just sometimes, I want to slap ya around a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment