Thursday, September 3, 2009

lovey dove dove

I hope to write a book one day. Many people ask when that day will actually be and why it's not right now. Well, I may have gone through a hefty amount in my few years, but I've got a lot more livin' until I'm sure I can feed the world my words. This is an excerpt from one of the things I worked on a while back.

"Our love was the kind of love that surpassed diamonds and lace, clichés and tradition. It was the denial of every man’s riches, of every woman’s fantasy, of every society’s meaning of unity.
Our love was something of beauty, the kind of beauty that makes your eyes go wide, your mouth drop, and your heart raise to form a lump in your throat. We loved with a love that was more than security and crossed-fingers, no silly expectations. We loved with passion, and an indescribable strength that transcended above the greatness of ourselves. Together, I found that we had become the kind of people I hoped us to be– a balance of good, of reality, of truth. We were young, and we weren't stupid."

3 comments:

  1. "And since there's no one else around,
    we let our hair grow long
    and forget all we used to know,
    then our skin gets thicker
    from living out in the snow.

    You change all the lead
    sleepin' in my head,
    as the day grows dim
    I hear you sing a golden hymn."
    Arcade Fire- Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)

    your post made me think of this song quite vividly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie work on that book slowly over years. Make a journal of events that you want to remember. Things that are special, or even small events. Plan on pulling it all together later. I wish I had done the same but have forgotten so much that now I have to pop a vein to try and recall accurate events or some events at all. I saw a good friend last week who reminded me of a Van Halen concert we went to in the 80's and what we did afterwards. I'd completely forgotten about it. So start building that book now. You WON'T regret it 10, 20 or 40 years from now. Plus you'll have a real laugh at reading all the stuff you've done. Eventually you'll have enough content for several volumes. Compile it all with finished thoughts when you're ready later on. Keep it simple for now, but log your life and later you'll have a best seller.

    ReplyDelete